21 juli 2009

Isabel Dupré - Chic Fashion Stylist


The lovely Isabel Dupré moved from Paris to New York to model. The next step for Dupré was to start producing photo shoots for the French magazine Marie France. Eventually she became the Style Director for Elle US. She left Elle after 13 years to freelance. Some of the stars she worked with is Jennifer Lopez, Angelina Jolie, Uma Thurman and Charlize Theron. Isabel has a long list of clients in the industry who include Fendi, Ferragamo, Diane Von Furstenberg, Max Mara, The Gap and Badgley Mischka to name a few. She collaborates with top photographers like Gilles Bensimon, Peter Lindbergh and Patrick Demarchelier.
I am glad that Isabel took the time to answer some questions.

I always start by asking what is your star sign?
I am a capricorn.
Do you think you are a typical capricorn?
The only characteristic I seem to fit is that I am very stubborn.
You are well-known from Elle US. What cool assignments have you done after Elle?
I continue to work with celebrities for other magazines and projects in addition to a lot of advertising work. My two favorites clients: cowboys and angels, Marlboro and Victoria Secret. But honestly every job is a new adventure and I love that my job allows me to always be working with different people in different places!
How did you start working in the fashion industry?
I started modeling at 17, and from there worked in a variety of jobs in the industry from working as a stylist assistant to working in production, casting and in an art department. When I started at Elle I was an assistant and eventually became a full time stylist.
Which piece in your wardrobe could you not live without?
Definitely my jeans!
How would you describe your own style?
Anti-"full look"
I like to mix a bit of femininity with a side of tomboy.
If you could just pick one fashion designer, who would it be and why?
Nicolas Ghesquiere Balenciaga, because he takes the classics and gives them a big twist.
Would you say that there is a difference between European fashion and American?
American fashion has more "rules" and you can be defined by what you wear. The Europeans aren’t as judgemental when it comes to fashion and embrace edgier and more interesting, ways of dressing. There is more liberty in the different social classes .
Though Americans have definitely progressed over the years in an understanding of these "European" mentalities.
And my last question is will you attend the shows in Sweden and Denmark this year?
Wish I could but "no".

1 kommentar :

Daniel sa...

ses på copenhagen fashionweek!